The ideal candidate Must have at least
10 years’ production experience inthe Meat industry.
- Oversee and manage day-to-day operations of the Production Department.
- Lead and manage the production and quality assurance teams.
- Responsible to ensure adequate steps are taken and employees are held accountable to achieving all KPI’s.
- Adherence to all good manufacturing practices, company policies and food safety, HACCP, and quality assurance procedures.
- Responsible in managing the budget.
- Responsible for various inventory control functions and cold chain management.
- Creates production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignments.
- Manage production and implement Good Manufacturing Practice.
- Utilize staff and equipment in a manner which will not jeopardize safety or quality.
- Ensure compliance with SHEQ set parameters
- Monitor production inputs and outputs to minimize losses, shortage and wastage.
- Ensure all product orders are produced on time in line with the production plan.
- Make equipment available for planned maintenance execution
- Liaise and interact and manage relationships with suppliers, internal customers and support services
- Liaise with SHEQ, R&D, Engineering to execute trials and audits and ensure achievements of targets
- Lead operational excellence (savings, OR, OEE, SHEQ) in the production environment.
- A bachelor's degree in Engineering, Food Science, Food Technology or related degree.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in production of Food (Halal)/ FMCG
- Extensive Knowledge of meat products, processing and production.
- Technical knowledge and roles of Materials, Ingredients and meat machinery.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills.
- Excellent knowledge of functional ingredients in the meat segment.
- Must be proficient in meat production, QA and butchery hygiene.
- Should have excellent people management skills.
- Should have a good grasp of logistics.
- Industry experience in production and/ or technical support in the meat processing industry.
- Excellent verbal and written negotiation and communication skills.
- Sound independent judgement and ability.
- High levels of integrity and ethical standards.
Monthly Gross Salary: Kshs. 300, 000 – 500, 000 Gross (Approx. 3000 – 5000 USD) depending on skills and experience.
Deadline: 31st January 2019.
We endeavor to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***