- Plan and undertake scheduled Predictive, Preventive and Corrective maintenance for plant and machinery
- Install and maintain production machines and the plant equipment.
- Do machine overhaul as per laid down technical procedures
- Trouble shoot mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and repair machines in reference to technical design documentation.
- Perform multi-skilled jobs related to machine upkeep and operation
- Read and interpret equipment manuals, diagrams and drawings and catalogues and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations.
- Calibration services for precision instruments
- Undertake improvement through continuous improvement and innovations
- Comply with safety regulations, ISO standards other standards
- Keep accurate records of works
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS - MECHANICAL
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Higher National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering will be an added advantage
- KCSE C (Plain) With C in Mathematics and Physics
- Computer literacy
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED - MECHANICAL
- Four years working experience preferably in an FMCG Company.
- Ability to work in an organised and systematic manner.
- Good customer care skills
- Poses trouble shooting skills
- Must have high level of integrity
- Must have good emergency response
- Ability to follow safety instructions
- Familiarity with ISO 9000 management standards will be an added advantage.
- Experience in reading blueprints and Technical drawings
- High precision tools, Machinery calibration and trouble shooting
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is at times allocated shift work.
- Physical Demands - the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires at times standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and climbing. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, colour vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Working hours – at times the employee is required to work for long hours