Pursuant to section 155(5) of The Public Finance Management Act, 2012, Public Finance management (County Government) Regulations, 2015 section 167 and Audit Committee Guidelines for County Government. The Elgeyo/Marakwet County Assembly wish to fill ONE position of Member and Chairman to the County Assembly Audit Committee as follows;
To be appointed as Chairperson of the Audit committee one should:
1. Hold a degree from a recognized university in Kenya.
2. Hold CPA(K) in good standing.
3. Have knowledge and experience of not less than 7 years in;
i. Audit and or
ii. Financial management/accounting
4. Have knowledge and experience in public service/devolved system of government and knowledge in risk management.
5. Be persons with integrity and in compliance with requirements of chapter six of the constitution.
6. Should possesses strong interpersonal skills and independent proactive leader.
To be appointed as Member of the audit committee one should
1. Hold a degree from university recognized in Kenya
2. Have progressive working experience of not less than 5 years
3. Member of a professional body in good standing
4. Have knowledge in public service/devolved system of government
5. Be persons with integrity and in compliance with requirements of chapter six of the constitution
Terms of Appointment
i. Members of audit committee shall be appointed for a term of 3 years on part time basis and shall be eligible for re-appointment for a further one term only.
ii. Despites paragraph (a) above, after expiry of every term at least one third of the committee shall retire and not be eligible for re-appointment
iii. The term should only be extended after performance of the member has been reviewed
iv. Applicants should not be past/present employee /agent of Elgeyo/ Marakwet County or political office holder.
All applicants should avail copies of current clearance certificate form CID, HELB, KRA,
EACC and clearance from any of the clearance bureaus during the interview.
Applications in a sealed envelope together with a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates, National Identity card, testimonials, clearance certificates and any other relevant supporting documents, clearly marked application for Chairman/Member County Assembly Audit Committee to office Email ;
email@example.com. OR addressed to;
County Assembly Service Board
Elgeyo/Marakwet County Assembly
P.O Box 53 -30700