Manager Credit Analytics - Uganda
Reporting to: MD-Uganda
Our client is a leading Microfinance Company that runs operations across East Africa. They are looking for a Credit Manager for Uganda with strong data analytics skills to coordinate with a dedicated team the activities that support the on-boarding processes, subsequent management of collections efforts and ultimately the bad debt results for the business, in order to optimise bad debt. The role will include close coordination with the Sales and Customer Care teams to help balance both short- and long-term needs, in conjunction with Group Credit functions to allow free flow of ideas.
• Accountability for optimization of Bad Debt and collections in Company Uganda through the design and implementation of Uganda collections strategy.
• Develop and maintain processes, policies, and interventions to optimize credit quality of new customers, including credit underwriting, screening, and selection and onboarding practices, in conjunction with the group Credit Policies.
• Develop and maintain processes, policies, and interventions for maintaining strong repayment rates among our existing customers, including improving collections practices, behavioral analysis, portfolio evaluation, and cost-effective post -sales servicing
• Manage weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting to key stakeholders including senior management, the board of directors and investors
• Design and implement experiments/initiatives geared towards improving and maintaining a healthy credit performance across the portfolio.
• Collaborate with the Data/Tech Team to improve data accuracy and reliability for reporting
• Combine portfolio analytics with ground truth verification to give the business both the ‘what’, but also ‘why’ behind observed changes.
• Be a key member of the Customer Experience Team and contribute towards understanding why credit metrics are behaving the way they are and assist/lead in developing interventions that will improve customers desire to purchase credits.
• Contribute towards country product decisions from a Credit perspective
• Regularly engage with the Director Credit to ensure alignment across countries and sharing of ideas/thinking
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, or an equivalent, Master’s degree preferred.
• Must have 5+ years’ experience in an analytical role in consumer credit, microfinance, asset finance, insurance, or pricing analytics, preferably at a financial institution in East Africa
• Must have knowledge and working experience in SQL, Relational Databases, R, and Python Understanding of credit underwriting best practices; ability to evaluate portfolio performance
• Understanding of ROI calculations and discounted cash flow analysis
• Knowledge and working experience in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft products required
• Experience in creating, analyzing and succinctly communicating data and recommendations
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including fluidity in PowerPoint
• Experience in design of pilots
• Ability to engage in white space thinking and influence new innovative ideas.
• A strategic and hands-on leader
• East Africans encouraged to apply
Salary and conditions
Competitive remuneration based on skills and experience
Work permit provided for non-Ugandans