The ideal candidate must have a
bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering. Candidates with experience working in a
robust IT firm and/or managing a large IT system will have an advantage.
- Manage & provide IT support of all IT infrastructure in all offices.
- Provide Project management skills and support.
- Establish and Prioritize key business requirements.
- Formulate a clear IT strategic plan by identifying and aligning with key stakeholders.
- Work with MIS team members to analyse and resolve on-going day by day issues.
- Research and recommend solutions locally and in collaboration with Group MIS.
- Develop and Implement IS systems, on-going support, upgrades & maintenance.
- Negotiate and manage IT agreements with vendors and partners.
- Establish and develop key relationships and establish and ensure adherence to SLA’s.
- Establish and monitor security processes and IT systems, data and access methods.
- Establish and control IT budgets.
- Formulate internal SLA’s for key application provision and ensure SLA adherence.
- Review improve and test Disaster Preparedness and data security and integrity.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years MIS manager and/or IT Project manager.
- Proven experience and knowledge in complete software development process.
- Excellent Programming skills.
- Proven experience in development of online applications.
- Qualifications or training in Project Management methodologies (Prince2, PMP).
- MCSE or software development certification.
- Experience in helpdesk functions, hands on exp of desktop & network support.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle and managing development teams.
- Ability to understand programming languages (Esp. Visual Fox Pro. And Oracle Forms).
- Working knowledge of databases (Oracle, MSSQL etc.).
- Working knowledge of older IT infrastructure (e.g. COBOL).
- Strong knowledge of Firewalls and networking security.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange Server and email technologies.
- Candidates with experience in a robust IT firm will have an added advantage.
Monthly Gross Salary: Ksh. 180,000 – 200,000/= (Approx. 1800 – 2000 USD) depending on skills and experience.
Deadline: 15th Dec 2018.
Management Level – Executive.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***