- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers' specifications.
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts.
- Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment in order to diagnose defects.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs, using engine diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices.
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools.
- Must have knowledge working with and repairing trucks, trailers, and heavy vehicles.
- A background in Caterpillar, Komatsu, John Deere, and hydraulic components is a plus
- A motivated mechanic