St. Andrew’s School, Turi, an international Christian Boarding School offering a British Curriculum education, wishes to fill the following position in the School from November 2017.
The School comprises two semi-autonomous Schools: the Preparatory school for pupils between of ages of 3 – 13 and the Senior School for pupils between the ages of 13-18.
The Network Administrator is a whole school appointment and is responsible to the I.T. Director. S/he will work closely with the I.T. Director to ensure timely maintenance and administration of computer hardware, software and network equipment including all configurations across the whole School.
• Maintain and administer computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, application software, and all configurations and specifically to the management of Microsoft Exchange and printing software.
• Monitor the performance of computer systems and networks to ensure availability to all system users and may perform necessary maintenance/mitigation, and log in the findings as required by IT policies and procedures
• Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software or other network and system problems and replace defective components when necessary.
• Coordinate computer network access and use.
• Perform testing procedures on computer hardware, software and operating systems before rollout.
• Administer network security measures and monitor the network performance to determine whether adjustments need to be made.
• Install, configure, and support the School’s local area network (LAN), Wi-Fi & wide area network (WAN)
• Assist in network modelling, analysis, planning and coordination between network and data communications hardware and software.
Personal & professional attributes
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology
• At least three years’ experience in a busy environment
• Experience with Microsoft Exchange 2010 and above is a requirement
• Experience with printing software will be an added advantage
• A strong client focus and desire to assist others
• Flexibility in working shift work, weekends and late nights.