Reports To: Ward In Charge
Duties and responsibilities
- Asses all mothers who come to maternity for early detection of any abnormality.
- Proper diagnosis of Maternal and fetal conditions in order to prevent morbidity and mortality.
- To close monitor the progress of labor to detect complications early.
- To manage mothers in labor to ensure safe Motherhood.
- To ensure proper infection control to prevent cross infection.
- Proper management of Pre and Post caesarian sectioned mothers to ensure recovery and avoid complications.
- Supervises subordinates and students to ensure proper management of resources.
- Controls flow of clinical resources to ensure sustainability
Qualifications and skills
- Minimum of 1 year working experience in a similar position
- A person who can work under pressure
- Warm and friendly
- Computer literate
- Good interpersonal and communication skills: fluent in both English and Kiswahili
- A good team player
- Registered with the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Planning skills.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted