Our client is an independent Italian non-profit association of social utility for international cooperation in Kenya. They are seeking a very competent Nurse to join their team.
- Participate in the specific training and best practice on pregnancy and utilization of ultrasound machinery, as per schedule agreed;
- Perform ultrasound examinations in the Primary Healthcare facilities as per timetable provided, specifically: receive and examine all patients, record their details, medical information and condition; assess the condition of mother during their pregnancy; make diagnosis and assessment about the mother’s condition to identify high risk pregnancies;
- Ensure a cohesive and collaborative approach to ensure a high-quality service delivery at all times;
- Train mothers on continued care after delivery;
- Comply with health and safety and infection control policies and ensure that staff, patients and visitors are appropriately informed and advised;
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate documentation/records of patients and activities are securely handled at the clinics.
- Organise own work load ensuring most effective use of time;
- Communicate effectively at all times and maintain a harmonious working environment;
- Be responsible for the accurate documentation and care of patients’ records;
- Assist in ensuring the availability of resources for patient care;
- Assess the needs of patients and relatives and provide them with information as requested.
- Take responsibility for self-development through the appraisal system and work towards completing agreed personal development plan;
- Actively manage own annual leave in line with the World Friends HR policies and procedures;
- Demonstrate an awareness of the economical use of resources and contribute to the overall control of the budget by adhering to procedures for the use and procurement of supplies.
- Oversee and ensure compliance and adherence with procedures to fulfil any legislative and/or administrative requirements with respect to infection prevention and control, health and safety measures and emergency procedures.
- Undertake any other duties that may be required in order to facilitate smooth running of the service.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Level of Education
- Secondary School Education.
Specialized Training/Professional Qualifications
- Qualifications in midwifery;
- Current professional registration with an appropriate and recognized authority.
- Clinical experience in antenatal, labour, postnatal care;
- A proven ability to translate theory into the practical delivery of care;
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge of the equipment and instruments used;
- An energetic individual with stamina and emotional stability;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with patients and other professionals;
- Analytical and Judgmental Skills;
- Ability to respond to unexpected events in order to maintain service delivery;
- Physical fitness and emotional stability to cope with human suffering, emergencies, and other stresses;
- Excellent people skills and the ability to relate well with people from a wide range of cultures and backgrounds;
- Must be able to work with mobile technologies and computer literate;
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm in difficult situations;
- Confidence to make decisions and work independently;
- Act with professional integrity at all times;
- A genuine interest in caring for pregnant mothers from the lower income areas of the city;
- An empathetic understanding towards the patients;
- Able to think on the feet when dealing with emergencies;
- Able to work with a team of multidisciplinary specialists;
- Creative, innovative, pro-active;
- Good spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
Relevant Job Experience
- At least two (2) years’ experience in an antenatal care position;
- Previous experience in informal settlements and in healthcare interventions at the community level;
- Previous knowledge of obstetric ultrasound is a plus.
How to apply
Applicants can send their CV and state the position applied for in their subject of the email to us before 12 th July 2019.Kindly do not apply if you do not meet minimum requirements.