Level 5 faith based teaching and referral, 130 bed, NHIF accredited Hospital in central Elgeyo Marakwet County seeks to recruit a talented, highly motivated, self-driven, skilled and experienced nurse leader for the position of Nursing Director. The position is on a contract basis with renewal based on performance.
1. Ensure effective implementation of hospital policies, guidelines and standards with regard to patient nursing care
2. Supervise the implementation of nursing care activities and nursing CME.
3. Preparing nursing dept reports and attending senior management team and physician staff meetings
4. Planning and budgeting for nursing services and managing resources
1. Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing/Diploma in Advanced Nursing/Higher National Diploma in any Nursing related specialty
2. At least 8 years experience in a busy hospital displaying leadership involvement
3. Excellent communication, team player and leadership skills
4. Good computer skills with experience in use of HMIS
5. Training in Quality Management, performance management or evidence of attending senior management course
6. Born again Christian with strong commitment to mission
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications to submit their applications by 15th November 2019 indicating their current position and stations, current and expected salary and phone and email contacts of three referees (two job/profession related and one clergy) together with detailed CV, copies of academic and professional testimonials and day time telephone