8. NUTRITION AND DIETETIC TECHNOLOGIST/TECHNICIAN JG“G/H” (10 posts)
(a) Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
• Diploma/Certificate in Community Nutrition, Clinical Nutrition or Nutrition and Dietetics from a recognized institution;
• Certificate in Computer Application Skills from a recognized institution and;
• Registration by the Council of the Institute of Nutritionists and Dieticians (CIND).
(b) Duties and responsibilities
This will be the entry and training grade for this cadre. Work at this level will be carried out under the guidance and supervision of a senior officer. Duties and responsibilities at this level will include: assessing community nutrition needs; following-up on discharge cases from hospitals; screening for deficiency diseases and chronic illnesses related to nutrition in a community setting and referring them to various existing programs; collecting
data on nutrition and dietetics; promoting baby friendly community initiatives; conducting community growth, monitoring and promotion activities; assisting in community interventions on diet and lifestyle disease prevention and control; promoting optimal infant and young child feeding programmes; assisting in running out patient supplementary feeding programs and outpatient therapeutic feeding programs; following up and counselling of patients in home-based disease management; and carrying out nutrition health education.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the top left side, indicating the position applied for and submitted to:
West Pokot County Public Service Board,
P.O BOX 577-30600,
1. Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the office of the County Public Service Board located at ASAL Building Kapenguria.
2. All the applications should reach the secretary on or before Friday, 25th January 2019 at 5.00 p.m.
3. Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original: identity cards, academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
4. County Government of west Pokot is an equal opportunity employer; women, youth and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
5. Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted.
6. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Online Applications can be send to:firstname.lastname@example.org