- Implementation of the emergency nutrition response in the selected location while ensuring adherence to the stipulated protocol.
- Implementation of outpatient therapeutic program of severely acute malnourished children under-fives.
- Implementation of supplementary feeding of the moderately malnourished under-fives ,pregnant and Lactating women
- Implement comprehensive Maternal Infant and young Child nutrition and Baby friendly community initiatives(BFCI) approaches.
- Support capacity building and OJT for MOH staff and CHWs through identification of capacity gaps and carrying out refresher trainings.
- Support the systematic delivery of health and nutrition education messages to the community
- Monitor and review nutrition supplies and equipment movements such as deliveries, storage, transport and utilization at the site level
- Offer nutrition support through counselling to individuals with medical complications including comprehensive care clinic clients
- Conduct Mass screening for children under-fives regularly in collaboration with community health volunteers.
- Compile and submit donor and IRC Nutrition program weekly, biweekly and monthly report of all activities implemented.
- Liaise with supply Chain Department in logistical program supplies, procurement and monitor supply control
- Support MOH on DQAs
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Hold a minimum of a Diploma in Food Nutrition and dietetics from recognized institution
- Must be registered with KNDI.
- Minimum 1 year experience within an INGO in implementing emergency community nutrition.
- Experience of Maternal infant and young child nutrition with strong BFHI/BFCI approaches
- Experience in nutrition survey and assessment
- Proven analytical, communication/ negotiation skills and ability to think strategically
- Experience in report writing and excellent computer skills
- Ability to work in hardship areas(previous experience in a camp setting will be an added advantage)
- Flexible and positive personality
- Strong planning and implementation capacity
- Confident and capable negotiator ,communicator and net worker.
Please make sure to include copy of Certificate of Good Conduct in your application.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes. In the event that you receive any request for payment of any sort, please get in touch with us on Tel: +(254-020) 2727730, Email: IRCKenya@rescue.orgor report to the nearest police.