• Direct and coordinate food or beverage preparation.
• Prepare and cook meals of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
• Determine how food should be presented and ensure quality of meals.
• Determine food or beverage costs and estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients.
• Order and maintain inventory of food and supplies needed to ensure efficient operations.
• Collaborate with other personnel to plan and develop recipes and menus, considering such factors as seasonal availability of ingredients.
• Demonstrate new cooking techniques to staff and be aware of changing culinary trends.
• Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
• Maintaining high level of hygiene in the kitchen including the dishes.
• Must have a diploma in Food and beverage.
• Must have over 5 years experience working in an office setup or a safari camp.
• Fluent in spoken and written English and Kiswahili Languages.
• Food handling certificate.
• Candidate Must provide a 2-week Menu.
Monthly Gross Salary: Ksh.40,000/=(Approx. 400 USD) depending on individual skills and experience.
Career Level: Junior Level.
Education: Diploma Certificate.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline: 18th December 2019.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***