- Making and answering telephone calls, taking and relaying messages and handling correspondence.
- Typing, preparing, editing, retrieving, copying and collating reports.
- Receiving visitors and attending to their requests or enquiries.
- Preparing, receiving, sorting and dispatching letters, samples, documents and other deliveries.
- Filling and managing databases.
- Logging or processing of bills or expenses.
- Providing general administrative and clerical support to other staff.
- General management of office premises, equipment stocks and supplies.
- A certificate or diploma in secretarial studies or related field.
- Two or more years’ work experience as secretary in a busy office.
- A good knowledge of general office procedures and operation of office equipment (computer, fax, copier).
- Demonstrate excellent spoken and written language skills and ability to read and interpret written information.
- Ability to type at least 40 words per minute
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- A person of high personal integrity, strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude.
- Ability to multi-task and take instruction from many sources
- A valid certificate of good conduct