DEPARTMENT: Information and Communication Technology
REPORTS TO: Head of Banking System and Operations
To provide Level 2/3 (L2/L3) technical and/or functional support and administration of applications, project management for core applications and reviewing application operations for continuous business operations while ensuring compliance as well as providing administration support for applications assigned
- Providing administration for Core Applications (Finacle) and Business Support Applications;
- Maintaining and monitoring production (primary and secondary), testing and developing applications;
- Providing support for user access management (addition, activation, deactivation and change of rights);
- Maintaining and implementing systems for monitoring of applications;
- Implementing changes in parameters, configurations and deployment of patches based on approved Change / Configuration Management process;
- Maintaining and updating technical procedure and desktop instruction documents for all applications. Submitting to the Manager Core Applications Management and Support for review;
- Providing Level 2/3 (L2/L3) support (troubleshooting, installation, configurations, correction of scripts, guidance, escalations, coordination with vendor and end user training) for all applications as well as escalating and following up unresolved issues to respective Vendors and Manager Core Applications;
- Providing support to resolve issues and updating status of issues / requirements assigned / allocated on Mantis;
- Providing required support for rollout of new applications, products, processes and mandates.
- Executing ICT related business continuity plan (like Backup testing, restoration and DR testing). Executing of DR Fail over related activities in coordination with Manager Applications Management & Support and ICT Manager as directed by General Manager ICT / Group ICT;
- Providing support (assisting / guide, troubleshoot, resolve, coordinating with vendors) for application service availability issues and escalating and following-up externally / internally for resolution of issues;
- Reviewing completion of Application Operations (End of Day process, Business Reports and Statements, backup, restoration and logs archiving) and providing support (troubleshooting and resolution) for any exceptions / failures / errors and escalating and following up externally / internally for resolution of issues;
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems/ Technology, Computer Science or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- At least 3 years relevant experience in Banking and IT.
- Oracle, Programming or its equivalent.
- Ability to write letters, reports and/or perform routine calculations with the competence to explain these verbally; and
- Ability to communicate well with others both inside and outside the company.
Skills and Attributes
- Strong planning and organization skills;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to drive change and innovation;
- Experience in BFSI segment;
- Abreast with existing and emerging information and communications technologies;
- Should demonstrate an understanding of the following platforms, databases, applications and utilities:
- UNIX / Linux / MS Windows Server
- Oracle, SQL
- Web Technologies (J2EE, IIS, Apache)
- Finacle Scripting and workflow
- Understanding of banking processes, technologies and best practices; and
Troubleshooting and problem solving skills.