Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will be responsible to ensure all farms are operating as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible. The ideal candidate must have prior experience working in the Agriculture or Horticulture sector with hands-on engineering experience.
- Ensure all Irrigation equipments are operating efficiently and to its full potential to ensure production is maximized.
- Ensure power consumption charges are reduced by ensuring motor sizes are in line with pump capacities.
- Coordinate the service and repairs of all cold room equipment to ensure all cold rooms are functioning at their required temperatures at all times.
- Ensure every farm maintains a register giving details as to when Greenhouse driplines and plastic are replaced.
- Oversee the sale of all old plastic, drip and any scrap on all farms, with a premise to maximize sale return.
- All farm machinery/vehicles to be serviced on time and maintained to a high standard to reduce our running costs.
- Ascertain that the right equipment/vehicles are being used for the job required of it to ensure greater efficiency and cost-saving at all times.
- Orchestrate training of machine operators/drivers on how to drive/operate the machine/vehicle they are custodians of to reduce breakages.
- Ensure stock control of Fertilizers, Chemicals, Packaging & general hardware are kept to a minimum in line with farm demand ensuring at any one time they do not run out of any product.
- Oversee the expenditure for maintenance of the Farm’s labour camp, ensuring a record of maintenance expenditure per house is maintained.
- Monitor all farm Maintenance expenditure.
- Ensure all rainwater and waste / recycle water is treated and discharged in line with all NEMA and WARMA legislation.
- Ensure all water abstraction and discharge licenses are always updated and in line with our farm requirements.
- Oversee all civil construction and expansion projects ensuring that the projects are completed promptly and within budget.
- Ensure that all maintenance and service schedules, repairs (weekly, monthly and annually) for their processing line are carried out in a timely manner, thus ensuring a trouble-free processing season.
- Ensure all electric fencing is always maintained and in good working order.
- Oversee the procurement of all spare parts for their fleet of trucks and all farm machinery.
- Oversee the service scheduling of our fleet of cars, vans and trucks.
- High National Diploma or Degree in Agricultural or mechanical engineering.
- Must have 10 years of working experience in a large Horticultural / Agricultural farming establishment.
- Must have hand-on Engineering experience.
- Must be willing to work in Naivasha.
- Must have excellent people management skills.
- Must have a long tenure with previous employers.
- Must have the ability to think strategically and have the ability to work with multiple departments.
- Must have worked in a multicultural environment.
Monthly Net Salary: Kshs. 600,000 (Approx. 6,000 USD) depending on skills and experience.
Career Level: Executive Level.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
Location: Naivasha, Kenya.
Deadline: 30th November 2019.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***