REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
SALARY SCALE (Gross): KES 40,000- 50,000
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The purpose and objectives of this position are grouped into five (8) broad areas as follows:
- To execute a high-level standard of customer care, according to the company’s policy
- To supervise drivers, couriers, Hub and field operations staff together with customer care agents (controllers)
- To inspect vehicles to ensure their suitability for customer service and ensure timely vehicle servicing in line with manufacturers recommendations
- To exercise stewardship overall company operations assets and office equipment and the general office environment
- To record and to resolve all customer and staff related queries and incidences
- To co-ordinate and work closely with all branch staff and branch business partners in ensuring the safe delivery/collection of all customers items.
- To train branch staff and business partners on company procedures, operations and values, and the company charter.
- To ensure that all funds outstanding. customers (Cash on delivery, debts, etc.) are collected promptly in line with company expectations.
1. Execution of a high-level standard of customer care
To perform this responsibility, the Operations Assistant will work very closely with customer care agents (controllers), drivers, hub and field staff, business partners, accountants’ sales and marketing staff in addition to the operations manager and the Directors. Responsibilities shall be as follows:
- To dispatch vehicles on time. The vehicle nearest to the client shall be the first choice
- To communicate with the drivers, business partners in all branches, hub staff, etc. fully and clearly on every client’s details. Minimum client’s details shall be:
- client’s name,
- pick-up / Delivery time
- pick-up location and
- drop-off point
- To communicate to the client fully, clearly, truthfully and in good time any anticipated delay or changes in the pick-up time.
- To authorize and be aware of the location and activities of all vehicles at any one time— whether on official assignment or not. To do this, the Supervisor shall use the vehicle tracking system and/or internal reports generated at the beginning and end of every shift.
- To read, reply and take any necessary action on all service-related emails. Such emails may be for bookings, complaints or for compliments from clients.
- To enter all bookings into the internal electronic system, on the board or on any other approved forum. This shall include all unauthorized movements.
- To stop movements of any vehicle whose activities are unauthorized or unclear
- To confirm all standing orders daily. The standings shall be booked into the internal electronic system, on the board, and on the approved forum before the end of a shift, to be taken up by the incoming supervisor.
- To execute bookings in the following order of priority:
- First priority to companies with whom Blockchain is the soul service provider
- Second priority to companies with large contracts
- Third priority to companies with smaller contracts
- Last priority to personal clients.
- To issue Waybill/TWO books to drivers at the start of each shift. Individual drivers shall pick and sign for their own books.
- To record pick-up and drop-off mileage readings communicated by drivers and riders
- To prepare an inspection report for every vehicle before the start of every shift for presentation to the Operations Manager and /or Directors
- To prepare an incidence report at the end of each shift for presentation to the Operations Manager and/or Directors
- To attend to accidents when necessary but compulsorily attend in person if there are injuries. Otherwise, the Supervisor will send a replacement vehicle/driver as may be necessary
- To maintain an up to date database of Branch business partners and clients-’ names, office and residential / business addresses
2. Supervision of drivers, couriers, hub and field staff together with customer care agents (controllers)
A. Supervision of Customer Care Agents (Controllers)
- •Ensure customer care agents report on time and that they clock in and out at the beginning and end of shifts
- •Oversee smooth handing over of shifts
- •Ensure proper, efficient and speedy picking up of calls
- •Ensure all calls are logged into the system and a voucher written/generated
- •Ensure all incidents, whether complaints or compliments received through calls are clearly recorded and acted upon as may necessary in line with company charter.
- •To regularly highlight any welfare issues raised by Customer Care Agents. Issues shall also include those observed by the Supervisor that management needs to be aware of.
- •Ensure that customer care agents have an updated database of branch business partners and clients’ names, office, and residential addresses and their telephone contacts
B. Supervision of Drivers, couriers, hub and field staff.
- Ensure staff report on time and that they clock in and out at the beginning and end of shifts
- To regularly highlight any welfare issues raised by staff. Issues shall also include those observed by the Supervisor that management needs to be aware of.
- Ensure that every staff member is neat and smart before they collect car keys at the beginning of every shift. A presentable staff member shall:
- Have all their papers in order
- Be well-groomed
- in full company uniform
- Not be under the influence of alcohol, drugs, chemical substances or medications.
- Not radiating any foul odor.
- Ensure that staff follows service quality standards for Blockchain. These standards are as follows:
- Each staff member will collect and sign for their own operations documents/ waybill/ TWO book(s) at the start of every shift
- to fuel their individual vehicles within the set time where applicable and submit fueling data on mileage and fuel quantities
- to be always in touch with the communication center/ hub through telephone while on official assignment.
- to always notify the control room once they arrive at the client’s pick-up point. This will enable the control room to immediately notify the client.
- to always communicate with the control, both pick-up and drop off mileage for recording
- to report all incidents to the control room, however minor.
Good for university-level with good analytical skills, team player and willing to work long hours.