BeautyClick is the leading eCommerce player in the Kenyan beauty industry. The company launched in Kenya in April 2016 and growing steadily. We are looking for an Operations Director to help our business scale.
We are competing on operational excellence and digitalization as well as fashion knowledge in a business model, where beauty-professionals play an important role in our go-to-market strategy.
Your main responsibility is to manage and develop the operational excellence of BeautyClick in Kenya and potentially later on in Uganda and Tanzania through operational and strategic actions. You will directly manage your operational team and report directly to the Country Manager.
Key responsibilities include:
- Financial controlling, reporting and bookkeeping
- Manage the supply chain (purchasing, inventory and fulfillment) team
- Manage Customer Service team
- HR admin tasks
- Ensure regular reporting of actions and results
- Manage the team efficiency and cohesion towards KPIs
- Create an unparalleled environment for your team’s development and happiness
A successful candidate will fulfill the following requirements
- Min. 2-3 years of experience in a similar role in a retail, distribution or eCommerce business
- A good understanding of eCommerce drivers
- Expert in Excel and QuickBooks and potentially other reporting tools
- Master’s Degree level
- Strong entrepreneurial and leadership skills
- Have a hands-on approach to problem solving day to day issues
- Strong drive and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team
What do we offer:
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial environment with a team targeting a +USD 16Bn beauty market across Sub-Saharan Africa
- An opportunity to develop a fast growing business and scale it across East Africa
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team