REPORTS TO: Regional Manager East Africa
The Operations Manager will be responsible for all aspects related to the effective management and leadership of the Operations Department aligned to overall Group Operational KPI’s and standards. Managing the departments HR, helping and creating organizational and budgets in collaboration with the business objectives and reporting to the Regional Manager East Africa.
Serving as a member of the Management Team this position's primary responsibility is ensuring Operational effectiveness by providing leadership for the Operations financial and logistical functions.
Working with the management team, the position also contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices in so far as Operations are concerned.
- Achievement of international operational KPI’s
- Ensure profitability
- Maintenance and development of Operational structure as and when required
- Training and development of staff
- Export certificates division (On going feasibility study)
- Developing new business strategies, policies and procedures
- Develop and grow relationships with Top 10 clients
- Take care of export documentations, liaison with various government and non-government department like excise, export promotion bureau, shipping company etc.
- Expedites export arrangements and maintains current information on export tariffs, licenses and restrictions.
- Management of the all required documentation generation export documentation; i.e. airway bills, bill of lading, invoices, packing lists and letters of credit when needed
- Coordinate export shipments from origin until final destination
- Provide necessary leadership in execution of the complete export cycle.
- Manage and lead entire Operations and future Warehouse teams
- Raising efficiency through the team in functions of customer
- Develop and implement policy and procedures for the efficient transfer of cargo and documents
- actively involved in following up payments from clients in coordination with CFO
- Ensures proper coordination of documentation and freight release with overseas agents
- Pro-active member of the EA Management Team
COMPETENCIES FOR THE ROLE
- Freight forwarding and customs clearance compliance, experience in liquid BULK Freight
- Leadership in management
- Financial and business acumen
- Deadline orientated
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- English / Kiswahili
- Axis / Salesforce
- Degree Tertiary Qualification
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
- 10 plus years + management experience
- Solid knowledge of applicable corporate governance policies, budgeting, financial drive, processes and procedures
- Quality of work
- Customer Service
- Communication Skills