We are a dynamic start-up company in the renewable energy sector developing both on-grid as off-grid renewable energy projects. We are currently looking for an operations manager to run the daily operations including project progress monitoring, procurement and logistics management, office administration, bookkeeping and HR administration. You are well-organized, excellent in coordinating & following through on tasks and renowned for your accountability? Reach out to us with your application and motivation letter!
As a young company we are looking for a mature, accountable and punctual all-round employee who can easily flow to the work and different projects where needed.
Main areas of responsibility:
- Develop & improve processes and lead implementation
- Establish, update and monitor in-process and output measures
- Identify gaps versus target or commitment and come up with ideas and proposals towards the management team
- Keep management informed of developments, seeking advice and councilInterface between the management team and the operational teams in the different sites
Project development support
- Initiate and follow through on permits & license applications
- Prepare contracts with partners, suppliers and clients for review with management
- Prepare commercial presentations and proposals as assigned in close collaboration with the management team
Logistics & procurement
- Coordinate and follow through on inbound and outbound logistics
- Handle equipment import processes with authorities
- Procurement of supplies for the operating sites
- Keep track of expenses: follow up from quote up till payment and proof of delivery of goods or services
- Reconcile budget versus actuals at the end of each month and generate reports
- Prepare and file bookkeeping documentation
- Ensure timely and accurate compliance with all legal and tax requirements
- Install compensating controls to ensure all daily operations happen in line with our company principles & values, professionalism & quality expectations, tax and legal obligations
Skills & requirements
- Bachelor diploma in business management or engineering
- You are self-motivated, well-organized, disciplined and follow through on the execution
- You work autonomous and deliver upon agreements with minimal supervision
- You are proactive, solution- and result-oriented
- You are flexible, are comfortable with change and able to work in a less-structured environment
- You have an outgoing personality, are customer oriented and can build long lasting relationships with business partners and clients
- You are reliable, deliver high quality work and demonstrate high personal integrity
- You have proven to be successful in operational support roles and can provide 2 references from your previous employer(s). Experience in renewable energy is a plus.
- Fluency in English, Swahili, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word is a must.
- Certificate of good conduct
Closing date for application is September 30th 2019.
- An entrepreneurial and dynamic work environment
- Flexibility and autonomy to organize your work while meeting deadlines and expectations
- Opportunity to grow along with the company and take more senior responsibilities
- Competitive salary
About the company
We bring power to the people! Our mission is to provide reliable, affordable and sustainable access to energy in regions that do not have this today. We offer an innovative turnkey solution that relies on the most efficient, affordable and sustainable source of energy: hydropower. Together with our trusted partners, we develop small hydro power plants that harvest the power of running water and then transform it into electricity for rural households in developing countries. We believe that electricity will be the engine towards welfare and growth in rural Africa.