At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About The Role
Our Operations teams are the heart and soul of Uber. These are the teams that take our global product and localize it to an assigned market, while creating thousands of economic opportunities for drivers, and making transportation cheaper and more accessible for our riders. We are in the midst of incredible growth, which requires hard work. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about what they do and ready to roll up their sleeves to grow their city.
The Operations & Logistics Manager role is a unique opportunity to have a direct impact on your city through the growth and optimization of the driver population on Uber’s platform. This is a critical role within the org in managing one of the most promising acquisition channels in SSA. The DOST Ops manager will be responsible in setting the strategy and vision of DOST* for existing and new markets. In addition to this, a key part of the DOST strategy is the institutionalization of our DOST app to leverage our business partners’ presence across cities.
DOST is the platform used to facilitate and manage a 3rd party referrals network. The DOST app is the tool, DOSTers are the 3rd party referrers and a DOST centre is an aggregation of the above similar to a franchise that brands, publicizes and advertises itself as a registration center for Uber.
What You’ll Do
- Build on DOST to become the key acquisition channel for drivers across SSA
- Define strategies for each key market and build required DOST organisation for on-ground execution
- Acquiring & supporting new DOST Partners
- Elevate DOST into an institutionalised channel by leveraging our business partners across different markets to act as “DOST Centers” -- this leverage would include providing early life-cycle support and training
- Define investment strategy market by market, as well as spend efficiency targets for each market
- Design and execute on timely DOSTer competitions in each market to drive growth sprints during key times of the year
- Scaling DOST to be used as strategic growth lever for low-touch expansion and “satellite markets” with no GLHs - build organisations of KAMs (key account managers) in each market that would deliver DFT growth in the absence of full-time resources on the ground
- Effectively manage multiple remote teams built of ext KAMs with large network of DOSTers below each
- Develop analysis and reporting tools for further performance optimization
What You’ll Need
- 3-5 Minimum Years of Experience in Client Facing Environments
- Management Consulting/ Investment Banking/ Business Development or other suitable qualifications
About the Team
The Central Ops team is serves the 12 cities in SSA. with the Driver, Marketplace, Risk, Safety and Cash Collection as our main verticals. The team is 15 people strong, and we are passionate about growing this exciting market.
We work closely with GM's, Country Managers and functional stakeholders across all markets and provide strategic guidance and deliver on execution for local markets.