• Take responsibility for finished products inventories at Mombasa, and ensuring maintenance of product value and integrity.
• Take responsibility of strict adherence of legal and regulatory procedures in Export & Local Sales processes, while ensuring efficient and customer centric Sales actualization.
• Foremost manage Health Safety Security and Environment (HSSE) compliance at the company facility, alongside all other company policies.
• Warehouse Management & packaging conversions of all products received at Mombasa.
• Continuously working to strategically expand, preserve and improve the company’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), while withholding corporate policies and complying with business edicts and regulatory guidelines.
• Overseeing Maintenance of facilities and equipment.
• Overseeing overall shipping operations.
• The Operations Manager is responsible for the smooth transition of products so that it reaches its destination on time.
• Manage the resource allocation within the shed, and monitors the expenditure.
• Oversees the implementation of workflow improvements that may enhance customers' satisfaction, as well as optimize the use of the organization’s resources.
• Allocate resources to ensure smooth running of the company shed operations.
• Overall administrative responsibility of Mombasa staff, Learning and growth.
• Maintain company labor policy & ensure statutory labor compliance of all 3P service providers at the Mombasa facility.
• Responsible for Management of Company Assets
• Budgetary responsibilities for Mombasa Fixed Costs & Site Capex’s
• Management of day to day Site realization costs; labor, freight, Port & Customs charges & local transport
• Responsible for contract management for all contractors at site.
• Customer relationships to secure accounts receivable for Exports & Mombasa Local Sales.
• Work closely with other departments, Particularly Sales & Marketing and Finance.
• Close relationship with Local & Export customers.
• Mombasa service contractors, suppliers & vendors.
• Build strong working network with key external Business stakeholders such as Kenya Ports Authority (KPA), Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) & Kenya National Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KNCC & I), Ministry of Mines, Shipping Lines & Banks.
1. University Degree/Post Graduate Degree in Business or other relevant field.
2. Post Graduate professional qualification in Supply Chain Management/Shipping Business Management/Shipping Economics.
3. Professional membership in shipping (Institute of Chartered shipbrokers) will be an added advantage
4. Good working Knowledge in International Trade & application of Incoterms, Clearing & forwarding, Customs declaration, Export/Import commercial & Legal regulations and procedures, excellent customer service.
5. Demonstrate a high level of independent Judgment. Tenacity and resolve to work in fast passed -time honored assignment.
6. Minimum 5 years’ Experience in similar roles.
7. Excellent grasp of current Clearing & Forwarding (C & F) procedures and practices and ability to pick up relevant information in the industry both formally and informally.
8. Strong Leadership Skills and ability to build working Teams. Ability to work well with div