REPORTS TO: GENERAL MANAGER
The position requires an individual with an excellent level of commercial awareness, who can build and maintain relationships with internal and external guests. Also responsible for highlighting short/medium/long-term issues to the General Manger and to help formulate solutions.
The Operations Manager is also required to assist in the preparation of the annual budgeting and monthly forecasting processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fully responsible for all aspects of all departments.
- Support and work with all Head of Departments in all aspects of running this hotel.
- Ensure the premises are in operative condition as per category of the unit to receive & serve the guests.
- Conduct regular operations team meeting with all the HOD daily / weekly to discuss routine operational matters, sales targets, client’s feedbacks and action taken for service recovery, and also any staff issues. Minutes of the meeting to be sent to General Manager
- Ensure standard operating procedures implementation in all departments and check the same during routine operational checks.
- Monitor the purchase / indent / requestions of each department, the accounts receivable (collection from debtors) and the accounts payable (payable to the vendors / suppliers etc).
- Randomly inspecting the stores (F & B / Kitchen) to check the stock in hand (quality, par stock levels, expiry etc) with the F & B Manager & Chef.
- Inspecting all department with their respective Manager's for cleanliness, ambience, service readiness, staff grooming & hospitality culture.
- Monitor the co-ordination between all departments for smooth & efficient operations.
- Assessing and reviewing customer satisfaction and service recovery process.
- Meet all dept. heads to review & train the staff to upkeep the human capital.
- Identifying staff learning needs and assisting with development
- Providing timely and constructive feedback to all direct reports as and when required either formally or informally.
- Conduct weekly / Daily meeting with marketing people for enquiry & follow up & conversion to grow up the business.
- Monitor and maintain operation & overhead cost in order to maintain maximum revenue to the organisation.
- Be on available on call 24 hours a day to resolve any urgent problems on emergencies.
- Responsible for the overall management of the operation of the hotel.
- Any other duties assigned.
- Excellent revenue management skills with experience of budgets, P & L's and forecasting.
- Working with colleagues to share skills, knowledge, resources and networks.
- Highly focused, have excellent communication skills, be motivated and professional in appearance and presentation.
- Degree or Diploma in Hospitality Management or any other related field
- Minimum 5 years work experience in a 3 to 5 Star Hotel in a similar role preferably in Coast region or Masai Mara.
- Experience managing a team from diverse backgrounds
- Experienced with any Micros System
South Coast- Msambweni