Full time contract: 40 hours Monday – Friday
ABOUT HEALTHY ENTREPRENEURS
Healthy Entrepreneurs (HE) is a social business based in the Netherlands with activities in the Great Lakes area of the Saharan Africa and in Western Region, Ghana. The office of HE Kenya is based in Homa Bay Town. HE is specialised in the implementation of distribution models of reliable and affordable products and information that improve health and quality of life for people in low- and middle-income countries. HE aims to contribute to solve social issues by developing and implementing sound commercial business models.
Currently, HE Kenya is enlarging its franchise model in Homa Bay. Therefore, we need expertise to support the local team with operational, managerial and training activities, health and pharmaceutical knowledge, and administrative tasks. We need an extremely organised, enthusiastic and motivated person to support our local team to ensure efficient implementation of our business.
The Operations Officer reports directly to the Country Coordinator and works closely together with partner organisation Women Fighting AIDS Kenya (WOFAK).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure smooth implementation and reach deliverables of the HE Kenya franchise model
- Set up an maintain partnership with our local partner, international partners, and (local) government
- Support WOFAK in recruitment of Community Health Volunteers (CHVs) to become Community Health Entrepreneurs
- Organise and chair monthly cluster meetings with entrepreneurs
- Be a mentor for the entrepreneurs, maintain positive relationships, and receive and provide feedback
- Together with Country Coordinator schedule team meetings, distribute the minutes, and provide follow-ups
- Support the team in managing and resolving operational issues
- Support WOFAK with monitoring and evaluation of the business model
- Write reports on progress of field activities and make appropriate recommendations
- General office management and administrative tasks, including preparation of letters and documents, receive and sort email and deliveries
- Aim and ensure that potential growth of the network of entrepreneurs is possible
- Conduct ad hoc activities that are related to the implementation when needed
QUALIFICATIONS & PROFILE
The Operations Officer:
- Degree in (public) health/pharmacy and business/(social) entrepreneurship or experience in similar fields
- Very good English and Swahili skills
- Native in Dholuo language
- Experienced in providing trainings
- Strong organisation, communication and management skills
- Experienced with different methodologies of capacity building and human resource management
- Excellent report writing skills and able to analyse reports and market data
- Demonstrate considerable autonomy and commitment to the project
- Flexible and adaptable, including ability to work under pressure to complete multiple tasks
- Creative and cunning
- Profound cross cultural awareness
- Precise, honest, serious and reliable
- Has team spirit and is extremely cooperative
- Is able to communicate in a complete, constructive and honest manner
- Is flexible regarding working in the evening or weekends, if unexpectedly necessary
- Must be able to identify knowledge and skill gaps and give guidance to team accordingly
- Experience and access to MS-Excel/MS Word/MS Outlook
- Experience in working with ERP systems and has administrative skills.
PLACE OF ASSIGNMENT
The office is based in Homa Bay town, but frequent travels to other sub counties are necessary. The Operations Officer lives in Homa Bay town and is willing to travel regularly to (and even sleep in) other sub counties.
Application deadline is on the 15th of December 2018. Please submit your CV, accompanied with a short motivation. If there are any questions please contact via email@example.com
All messages that are received after the deadline will not be considered.