DEPARTMENT: Warehouse Department
REPORTS TO: Head of Finance
Manage overall operations and is responsible for the effective and successful management of labour, productivity, quality control and safety measures as established and set for the Operations Department. Ensure safe and efficient operations. Serve as a company representative on regulatory issues. Enhance the operational procedure, systems and principles in the areas of information flow and management, business processes, enhanced management reporting and looks for opportunities to expand systems. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company’s policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities may include interviewing, selection and hiring; training new and existing employees; planning, assigning and directing work; authoring and discussing with employee’s performance appraisals; addressing employee performance and corrective action plans; employee motivation and rewards. Organizing the budget of the company in collaboration with the director.
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Recruit, select, train, assign, schedule, coach, counsel and discipline employees
- Communicate job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising and reviewing job contributions
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Plan and review compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures
- Contribute operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality and customer-service standards; resolve problems; complete audits; identify trends
- Forecast requirements; prepare an annual budget; schedule expenditures; analyze variances; initiating corrective actions
- Develop operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements; develop, implement, enforce and evaluate policies and procedures; develop processes for receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management and shipping
- Analyze process workflow, employee and space requirements and equipment layout; implement changes
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions Accomplish operations and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Manage staff levels, wages, hours, contract labor to revenues
- Responsible for all department managers and supervisors, with review/approval responsibility for all operations employees
- Run a safe, injury/accident free workplace
- Responsible for all aspects of vehicle and heavy equipment rentals
- Establish contracts and pricing and ensuring proper maintenance and serving as primary liaison with utilities and local government agencies, such as fire, police, health and safety agencies
- Manage relationships with key operations vendors
- Maintains warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Review and approve all operational invoices and ensure they are submitted for payment
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Communicate customer issues with operations team and devise ways of improving the customer experience, including resolving problems and complaints
- Work closely with Head of Finance and management team to set and/or implement policies, procedures and systems and to follow through with implementation.
- Communicate all operating policies and/or issues at department meetings
- Work closely with the inventory manager and team to perform analysis of our inventory and ensure we are utilizing our inventory effectively, purchasing the right equipment, maintaining solid inventory data and reduce sub-rental expenses
- Overseeing a small warehousing activity with ICT computer refurbishment and e-waste recycling activities
- Communicate with legal counsel and safety department to ensure all processes remain compliant with OSHA and other governmental regulations
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in area of specialty and 8-10 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Familiar with a variety of the manufacturing, FMCG and distribution concepts, practices and procedures.
- Lead and direct the work of others.
- Directly manages and directs Operational staff.
Skills & proficiencies:
- Conflict Management
- Business Negotiation
- People Management
- Data Entry Skills