120,000 – 250,000
To be based in Thika high care facility.
- Recruit, train, and maintain competent production/Quality Assurance staff
- Ensuring that all staff trainings are done and that key personnel have the requisite skills and competency required for the job.
- Monitoring of labour efficiency and overtime authorization for the pack house staff.
- Planning and organising for workers transport and liaising with the Transport manager on the same
- Conducting regular worker analysis on performance and making motivational recommendations
- Handling of all disciplinary cases on site and ensuring harmony and good relationship between staff
- Maintenance of the Facility and equipment integrity.
- Be part of the site HACCP team
- Monitoring the utilisation of Packaging materials and labels with a bid of reducing/minimising wastages
- Keeping all stocks of equipments, crates and staff uniforms and that proper controls and utilisation is observed
- Coordinating the maintenance/servicing of all machinery and equipment on site
- Coordinating all preparations for supermarket audits and customer visits along with the Technical manager.
- Ensuring that all products dispatched for the export market meet the specified customer specifications in terms of safety, quality and Legality
- Overall responsibility for coordination of raw material procurement, utilization, dumping and record keeping for such.
- Ensuring that production is run such that window period is provided after every shift for cleaning.
- In charge of daily order planning and communication with the head office on orders and all export
- Ensuring that Truck departure from the sites both produce and shipment trucks are on schedule.
- Actively participate /coordinate in any activities and sue diligence audits in light with the HACCP plan and as an active member of the HACCP team.
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the Immediate Senior.
- Diploma/Degree in Food Science & Technology, or Agronomy
- Must have at least 5 years of experience as Packhouse Manager in a pack house that deals with fresh produce
- Strong planning and execution skills
- Leadership with maturity and high emotional intelligence
- Critical thinker with ability to pre-empt needs
- Ability to analyse, communicate, manage and prioritize multiple technical issues
- Computer literacy
- Have proven technical aptitude, leading from the front.
- Approachable and have a strong business acumen
- Other trainings (HACCP/Food safety, Management, Kaizen and lean management, work place communication