An excellent painter is knowledgeable in
selecting the right material for their job. They have experience in painting
with various tools and in various heights and spaces while observing all safety
measures. They must be reliable and deft as well as possess great attention to
detail in completing their duties.
The goal is to deliver high-quality painting work.
· Read blueprints/instructions and examine surfaces to determine the kind and amount of work necessary
· Make on-site preparations such as building scaffolding, covering fixtures etc.
· Prepare walls and other surfaces for painting by scraping, using sandpaper, removing old paint etc.
· Fill cracks and holes with appropriate material (e.g. plaster)
· Mix paint and other materials to prepare the right color or texture
· Paint surfaces according to instructions with various tools
· Apply varnish and other finishes
· Calculate costs and negotiate prices
· Take and adhere to all health and safety precautions
· Proven experience as a painter
· Excellent knowledge of painting material and how to select, mix and apply them
· Solid knowledge of commercial and/or construction painting techniques
· Aptitude in using appropriate tools (brushes, caulking guns etc.)
· Good basic math skills
· Conscientious with great attention to detail
· High school Certificate