Your skill in baking high quality treats should be matched by your creativity to develop new amazing tastes and recipes. The ideal candidate is someone well-versed in culinary arts with a passion for sweet and delicious creations. They must adhere to health and safety standards to provide clients with the best possible serving.
- Prepare a wide variety of goods following traditional and modern recipes
- Create new and exciting desserts for the menus and engage the interest of customers
- Decorate pastries using different icings, toppings etc.
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients and make appropriate orders within budget
- Check quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking
- Guide and motivate pastry assistants and bakers to work more efficiently
- Identify staffing needs and help recruit and train personnel
- Maintain a lean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health & safety standards
- Proven experience as Pastry Chef, baker or relevant role
- Great attention to detail and creativity
- Organizing and leadership skills
- Willingness to replenish professional knowledge
- In depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation and baking techniques and nutrition
- Working knowledge of baking with ingredient limitations (gluten free, sugarless pastries etc.)
- Certificate in culinary arts, pastry-making, baking or relevant field
Monthly Gross Salary: Ksh. 70,000 – 90,000 (Approx. 700 – 900 USD) depending on individual skills and experience.
Career Level: Junior Level
Education: Diploma Certificate
Location: Dar es salaam, Tanzania
Deadline: 10th February 2018
endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high
volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us
within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion.
This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep
an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***