Job Category: Personal Assistant
Reporting to: Managing Director
Salary: 50k -65k
Type: Full Time
Our Managing Director is looking for a committed, smart, energetic and motivated individual who has exceptional time management, organization and communication skills to work closely with him and help coordinate and manage the administrative day to day operations of the company.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and will be able to work under very tight timelines, manage high levels of pressure and work closely with both the Managing Director and key staff. This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible on timings, and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an experienced business leader on a variety of tasks.
The role is an excellent opportunity to shadow and assist one of the top business leaders in the country, and gain valuable hands-on experience in various local industries.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the MD including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the MD’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the MD’s time and office.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the MD, with other senior management staff, stakeholders, employees, and others, on matters related to MD’s programmatic initiatives.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the MD, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the MD and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the MD to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the MD updated.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special tasks for the MD, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
Qualifications / Skills
Note: Please do not apply if you do not satisfy the following minimum requirements as you will be eliminated from the short list and not be able to apply for any positions within the company again
- B+ or higher at Secondary School
- A University Degree or Diploma with a Second Class Upper or equivalent
- Fluency in both speaking and writing English & Kiswahili
- Experience in using Microsoft Office products; high competency in Excel
- 5 years’ work experience
- At least two years’ experience in an administrative role at one organization
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Emotional maturity
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Willingness to learn, and patiently able to handle a potentially high stress and high-pressure environment