- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the MD including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the MD’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the MD’s time and office.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the MD, with other senior management staff, stakeholders, employees, and others, on matters related to MD’s programmatic initiatives.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the MD, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the MD and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the MD to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the MD updated.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special tasks for the MD, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverableswith a hands-on approach
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matter expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Experienced senior Executive Assistant ideally from an FMCG, Insurance or Banking background
- MUST have experience of living abroad (or at least working for a busy multinational)
- Mature and flexible mindset
- Excellent multi-tasker
- Numerate and computer literate
- 7 years’ work experience
- At least 4 years’ experience in an administrative role at one organization
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Emotional maturity
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Willingness to learn, and patiently able to handle a potentially high stress and high-pressure environment