- Retrieving prescription orders
- Medicine compounding
- Maintaining patient profiles
- Answering phones related to pharmaceutical queries
- Being aware of the latest medicines and their availability
- Receive prescriptions from doctors.
- Prepare prescriptions for patients.
- Verify insurance and prescription information.
- Helps health care providers and patients by greeting them in person and answering questions and requests; referring inquiries to the doctor
- Maintains pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; removing outdated drugs.
- Maintains a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Organizes medications to dispense by reading medication orders and prescriptions; preparing labels; calculating quantities; assembling intravenous solutions and other pharmaceutical therapies.
- Maintains records by recording and filing physicians' orders and prescriptions.
- Ensures medication availability by delivering medications to patients and departments.
- Prepares reports by collecting and summarizing information.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Reporting adverse drug reactions and poor quality drugs to the pharmacy and poisons Board
- Holder of diploma in pharmacy from Kenya Medical Training College/any recognized medical institution
- Duly registered by pharmacy and poisons board
- Current practicing License
- Supply Management, Organization, Integrity, Reporting Skills, Attention to Detail, Dependability, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Quality Focus, Supply Management, Analyzing Information , Informing Other
- Required to maintain utmost level of accuracy while processing prescriptions.
- Expected to demonstrate ethical behavior with emphasis on confidentiality, realization of professional liability and importance of following a protocol.
- Empathetic and compassionate listener as a member of a healthcare team, who is able to communicate with tact and diplomacy, should be friendly and interactive with patients and other members of the team.
- While dealing with patients, co-workers, doctors and nurses, should have the emotional maturity to solve conflicts.
- 2 years working experience in a busy dispensing unit
Interested candidates should attach the following when submitting their applications:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two recommendation letters from persons familiar with applicants’ work
- Copies of relevant Academic Transcripts
- Three referees with physical /Telephone contact addresses
- Copy of National ID and diploma certificate and practicing licence where applicable