Brief Role Description:
· To provide an outstanding level of customer service by assisting and advising on general Pharmacy health & beauty products
· To support other pharmacy team members in the receipt and preparation of prescriptions and by providing a high level of patient care.
· To deliver & promote instore Professional Services
· Providing outstanding levels of patient care
· Receiving and collecting prescriptions following the SOPs as required by the PPB
· Assembling and labeling medicines with the full description of contents etc as laid down in the SOPs
· Maintaining accurate and legal patient records on the dispensary system
· Advising Patients on their medications, taking into consideration relevant drug data sheet information
· Answering general telephone enquires from surgeries, patients and suppliers
· Selling to and advising customers on general medicinal products, complimentary preparations & beauty products
· Knowing when to make a referral to a pharmacist or other healthcare professional
· Carrying out any administration as required such as Medical insurance claims, KPI collection data & end of month prescription paperwork, etc.
· Operating the EPOS/Till & payment methods together with maintaining an adequate cash float
· Being an active member of the Pharmacy team that delivers & promotes instore Professional Services.
· Preparing small scale or individual preparation of special ointments or creams and mixtures
· Ordering dispensary stock, checking and accepting deliveries and updating the stock control system.
· Stocking shelves, stock rotation, and date checking
· Ensuring all dispensary areas are clean and tidy
· Undertaking other duties appropriate to the post as agreed with the Store/Shift Manager
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, and Qualifications Required:
· Diploma in Pharmacy
· Committed to CPD
· Proven selling & customer service skills
· Outgoing with a friendly appearance
· Creative and enthusiastic
· Team player with strong communication skills
· Attention to detail
· Strong numeracy and literacy skills
· Able to deal with confidential information and follow set processes
· Previous experience of working in a busy retail pharmacy
· Registration with the PPB
· Stock ordering/control systems experience
Key Internal & External Clients:
· Patients/ customers, Pharmacy Manager, Store team, GP’s/ nurses, Head office colleagues
Confidentiality and Information Security:
As a Goodlife employee, you will be required to uphold the confidentiality of all records held by the organization, whether patient records or Goodlife information. This duty lasts indefinitely and will continue
after you leave the organization’s employment.
· To actively participate in ongoing personal development programs
· Regular attendance at appropriate training sessions on- and off-site, where appropriate
· Ability to work in other Goodlife Pharmacies, when requested, to cover for sickness/holidays & to gain additional experience..