The Premier Hospital, an upcoming Hospital in the Nyali area of Mombasa County has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, are results oriented and committed to continual improvement.
The successful candidates will have an opportunity to work in a fulfilling and dynamic environment that enables stability to grow in your career and shape best clinical and non-clinical practice.
The Pharmacist will ensure correct interpretation of prescriptions and physician orders at both in-patient and out-patient levels to enable accurate compounding, dispensing, patient education and handling of pharmaceutical supplies for all orders. Promote and maintain quality in pharmacy services and ensure continuous quality improvement measures are in place.
Key result areas:
Dispensing of medication
• Provide guidance in compounding and dispensing prescribed pharmaceuticals and provide consultative services to both clients and the clinical health care team
• Provide information and guidance to prescribes on correct prescribing patterns
• Provide information to prescribers on medication in stock and new supplies
• Promote and maintain quality in all services and ensure continuous quality improvement measures are in place
• Monitor storage conditions, expiry status and security of pharmaceuticals
• Ensure that pharmacovigillance activities are taking place in the hospital
• Adhere to pharmaceutical society of Kenya Code of Ethics and Standards for pharmacy practice in Kenya
• Ensure compliance with occupational health and safety at work policies and procedures
• Ensure the availability of adequate systems for the supply /distribution of medicines in all outlets
• Take part in supply chain management to ensure that essential stocks are available in the pharmacy at all times
• Ensure proper receipt, storage and issuance of pharmaceuticals and maintain appropriate documentation for accountability
Work planning, performance management, and professional development
• Ensure preparation of department annual work plan and budget aligned to the hospital strategic plan
• Prepare and implement individual annual work plan based on departmental work plan
• Provide oversight in the procurement function as a member of the Hospital Tender Committee ,Procurement Committee and by endorsing procurement documents under delegated authority from the Medical Director.
•Applicants for the above position must have a Bachelors of Science Degree in Pharmacy and a Practicing License from the Pharmacy and Poisons Board of Kenya
•S/he should be registered with Pharmaceutical Society of Kenya and have a minimum of 5 years hospital experience working in pharmaceutical services.
•Clinical pharmacy experience and evidence of continuous education will be an added advantage.