· To plan and deliver lessons ensuring adherence to the scheme of work and lesson plans
· Ensure safe provision of all equipment and ensure it is used correctly
· Make sure safety standards are followed in sessions and undertake risk assessments
· Identify participants’ abilities and encourage them to reach their full potential
· Plan and deliver sessions appropriate to the level of swimmer
· Provide explanations and demonstrate swimming techniques
· Correct faults in swimming techniques and identify ways to improve performance
· To be a positive role model, creating a positive and fun environment in which to motivate and encourage children and adults to participate in swimming
· Set ground rules for each session
· Evaluate sessions and give feedback
· Regularly assess each participant’s ability and progress and arrange for the award of the appropriate certificates
· To constantly update, manage and complete your registers
· First Aid trained
· Knowledge of swimming strokes and teaching levels
· Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
· TSC registration.
· Official certification, as well as experience of teaching / coaching the following sports: Football Games, Gymnastics For Physical Fitness, and Athletics, is highly desirable.
· Ensure that the water standards meet safety standard requirements.
· Ability to interact with children starting from the toddler group to secondary level, teachers and parents.
· Should be a team player.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies required:
· Qualification in sports management or related field.
· YMCA swimming coach and lifeguard certificate or equivalent.
· Knowledge in pool treatment an added advantage.
· Valid first aid certificate and advanced first aid knowledge.
· Computer literate.
· Minimum 4 years’ experience as a swimming coach in a school.
Interested persons should email their applications together with:
· Copies of all academic qualifications(transcripts and certificates);
· Their detailed CV’s and their contact mobile telephone numbers;
· 3 work references and or/academic references
Send application, CV with all relevant testimonials and reference letters by clicking on apply now button below;