Oversee employees, production and efficiency, to make sure the plant is running smoothly, quickly, efficiently and safely.
Maintain optimum operation by assigning workers, creating and keeping work and production schedules, hiring and training new employees, collecting and looking through data to find places of waste or places of improvement, keep an eye on worker safety and plant safety, monitor the production equipment to make sure that it stays in good working order, and repair or replace the equipment when needed
- Planning and allocation of Plant & Equipment as per DPP
and ensure optimum plant availability and utilization throughout construction
- Develop and control profits, plans, and budget.
- Implement cost effective systems of control over capital,
operating expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries.
- Manages capital asset maintenance.
- Establish and monitor overall plant performance for
production and quality standards.
- Control and minimize labor overtime, premium freight and
- Maintain existing plant facilities and equipment; replace,
or make adjustments to plant facilities and equipment when necessary.
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company
goals and objectives.
- Implements and maintains preventative maintenance programs.
- Incorporates shop floor organization and plant cleanliness
among plant personnel.
- Provides direction, development and leadership to
supervisors and foremen
- Audit and suggest replacement or refurbishment of Plant
& Equipment as per plant policy.
- Ensure necessary spares are available in right quantity at
- Update Plant inventory
- To carry out annual plant appraisal as per plant policy.
- Deliver and manage in line with approved staff management
policies and procedures and Quality, Safety Health & Environment (SQHE)
- And any other duties that may be assigned by management from
time to time
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Delivery on performance measures as set in SLA signed with
each Project Manager
- 100% compliance to DPP, CAPEX and Operating cost budgets
- Timely submission of relevant and quality report
KEY COMPETENCIES/SKILLS REQUIRED TO PERFORM AT FULLY SATISFACTORY LEVEL:
- Degree in Mechanical or Automobile Engineering , MBA in
Business Administration or working knowledge and significant experience using
principles and practices of project management, business administration,
financial & human resource
management principles and practices, procurement, contracts and warehouse
management, security, health, safety and environmental regulations
- A qualification in fleet management
- At least 12 years progressive experience in a similar environment,
5 of which be in a similar and senior role
- Superior administration, time management, organizational,
training and supervisory skills
- Excellent use of business computer applications and data
- Strong communications skills (written and verbal); and in a
bi-lingual environment (English and Kiswahili)
- Superior analyzing, reporting, informing and negotiation
- Handles complexities, pressure, conflicts and problems
- Financial management and business acumen including budgeting
and scheduling skills
- Strong leadership capabilities and business acumen
KNOWLEDGE OR EXPERTISE
- A sound working knowledge of general workshop safety and
housekeeping, equipment insurance, administration and documentation,
- Experience of writing procedures, drafting reports,
preparing business cases and compiling and adjusting duty rosters to meet
shortfalls in staffing levels
- Handling grievance and disciplinary processes
- Best practice plant management practices including CAPEX
budgeting and monitoring, planning, plant appraisal, P&E acquisition,
allocation, disposal and refurbishment
- Sound P&E maintenance and repair practices, fuel
management and consumption, calibration, optimizing plant efficiency, stock /
equipment keeping and inventory management
- Takes initiative, works with collegiality, is resourceful
Job title: Plant & Equipment Manager
Reports to: Managing Director
Number of direct reports: 12
Number of indirect reports: 0
Titles of positions reporting to this role:
Fleet Manager (1),
Logistics Manager (1),
Warehouse Manager (1),
Vehicle Maintenance Manager (4),
P&E Maintenance Manager (2),
Production Manager (2),
Document Officer (1)