The ideal candidate should have cement
manufacturing experience, At least 4 years in a senior management role
Manages and leads overall plant operations, ensuring all employees strive to meet the standards set forth by the company for Safety, Quality, Productivity, Efficiency, Maintenance, and Housekeeping. The position is responsible for the continuous improvement efforts of the plant as well as lead all production employees and activities to ensure the efficient operation of the plant and the quality of the products produced. Develop and manage annual budgets, monitor plant costs, analyze KPI metrics, and jointly responsible for overall P&L activity. This role requires a balance between role model leadership, operational skills, operations improvement skills and a high level of engagement the team
As Plant Manager, the incumbent must understand and comply with company compliance policies. In addition, is expected to require compliance with company policies by subordinates, monitor their activities for compliance and disclose incidents of non-compliance as provided by company policies.
- Promotes the safety program, compliance with safety standards, and participates in safety meetings
- Conducts meetings with plant staff personnel to communicate, coordinate and discuss plant operations including areas such as production, quarry, hazardous waste, maintenance, special projects, etc.
- Monitors, inspects and reviews all plant activities including production operations, maintenance activities, quality controls, etc.
- Assists in investigating customer and quality problems and concerns.
- Meets with various government agencies and community groups concerning plant activities, specifically pertaining to compliance with environmental regulations, policies and standards.
- Prepares reports regarding plant production operations on a daily, weekly, monthly and/or annual basis.
- Attends RCRA training for waste-derived fuel activities (cement plants only).
- Establishes plant standards, short-term goals and long-term strategic plans regarding production, maintenance, improvements, etc.
- Discusses new products, equipment and ideas with staff and vendors.
- Analyzes plant costs and explores methods to improve productivity in a cost-effective manner.
Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
Qualifications and skills:
- Knowledge of mechanical equipment such material handling and process machinery (Kiln, Vertical Roller Mills, Ball Mills,)
- Good electrical knowledge
- Knowledge of the principles of supervision and leadership
- Good knowledge of the application of maintenance systems
- Safety practices and legal compliance relevant to maintenance
- Methodical, systematic work approach
- 10 or more years as a Plant Maintenance Manager in a Cement Plant.
- Excellent ability to network with industry professionals, consultants, vendors, suppliers, regulatory and the community.
- Financial experience in areas of P&L, budgeting, forecasting, cost analysis, impact on volume, price and cost, preparation of CER [capital expenditure request] and post investment analysis of projects, with significant capital project management and resource development experience.
- Provide leadership with employee communications meetings, staff and supervisor meetings, plant audits and all other communications needed to effectively manage plant.
- Establish goals that reflect continuous improvement in all plant operations
- Carrying out reviews and resolving issues within the respective functional teams: through peer reviews identifying weakness, putting in place effective improvements in systems, processes and people
- OSHA regulations, safe work practices, hazard recognition, regulation of air, water and waste, and general business and law contracts.
- Familiar with the following types of system: computerized maintenance management, data acquisition, compliance management, data management, High Level control, and PLC control for the purpose of cement manufacturing (crushing, grinding, pre-processing).