Watu Credit is a dynamic fast growing non-bank finance company that harnesses technology to offer both secured and unsecured lending primarily via mobile services. Headquartered in Mombasa,
Watu Credit aims to become the leading East African provider of a broad set of inclusive financial products, delivered through technology in a fast, efficient and professional manner. The Company commenced its business operations in July 2015 with the clear vision to be the best in class provider for short and medium term loan products tailored to the exact needs of target customers and delivered through mobile technology.
To manage the rapid growth, we are looking for dynamic and hardworking individual to join our Headquarters in Mombasa as Portfolio Quality Officer (Debt Collector - Calling section).
- Monitoring and payment control of assigned portfolio of clients using Company software.
- Ensuring clients’ adherence to payment schedules through pro-active follow up calls and reminders.
- In case of clients overdue, identifying and implementing the most efficient debt recovery methods and techniques.
- Following up on phone calls with overdue clients to ensure debtor’s accounts are up to date.
- Maintaining records about clients’ financial status, reporting daily to the management.
- Developing and strengthening clients relationships, regularly updating clients on Company policies and new products, providing tailor-made financial solutions through the range of products offered by the Company.
- Providing training and sharing knowledge with Interns/Trainees employed by the Company.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the management.
- Diploma/Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related studies.
- Previous experience in Debt Collection preferred (for those with no experience, Internship/training will be provided).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong analytical power & problem solving.
- Ability to adapt quickly and work independently.
- Good PC skills.
- Fluent English in verbal and writing.
WE ARE OFFERING
- Dynamic, challenging, performance focused environment.
- Multicultural, supportive and friendly team.
- Competitive salary.
- Modern office in green area of Mombasa.
- Yoga classes, team-building events and other benefits associated with the position.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates are invited to submit Cover Letter, detailed CV, earliest start date and wage expectation.
Please make sure your present Location (apart from PO box details) is clearly stated in application.
Candidates who applied for the similar position with us before but were NOT invited for an interview are kindly invited to re-apply again.