- Is sufficiently familiar with the field of research to provide guidance and/or has a willingness to gain that familiarity before agreeing to act as a supervisor.
- Is accessible to the student for consultation and discussion of the student’s academic progress and research.
- Convenes a meeting at least bi-weekly via Skype and/or one-one-one meeting.
- Responds in a timely and thorough manner to written work submitted by the student
- Provides constructive suggestions for improvement and continuation
- Acknowledge appropriately the contributions of the student in presentations and in published material, in many cases via joint authorship.
- Ensure that recommendation for external examiners of doctoral dissertations are made and forwarded to the Postgraduate Studies Board in a timely manner.
- Assists the student to comply with any changes that need to be made to the thesis after the thesis or dissertation defense
- Must have a Ph.D. in Human Resource Management
- Possesses a first degree in a relevant field e.g. Human Resource Management/ Business Management/ Administration/ Psychology/ Commerce
- A member of the Institute of Human Resource Management or similar organization
- At least ten 5 years of experience in Human Resources, two of which have been in management level in middle-sized companies and/or corporate environments
- Has excellent knowledge in HR related issues across all functions of HR
- Experienced or exposed to Board interaction and reporting