Have demonstrated expertise in network planning, design MV extensions and LV network reticulation for connections rollout; including single phase MV network reticulation upgradable three phase if and when warranted, and good practices in deployment of low cost customer service drops, and low cost metering and house wiring based connections rollout. Network power distribution engineer or equivalent; with demonstrated expertise in design of low cost MV and LV network reticulation.
The power distribution engineer must have:
- A Bachelors’ degree in mechanical/electrical/renewable engineering or equivalent is required
- 8 years of experience as a distribution engineer is a minimum.
- At least 5 years experience in planning, design and construction of LV and MV power line network upt33kV.
- At least 3 years’ experience in management of power projects.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize distribution design software.
- Demonstrated knowledge of grid standards, applicable laws, codes, regulations and procedures.
- Registration with EBK as a professional engineer will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and experience in PV/PVhybrid systems will be an added advantage.
- Fluency in English language.