Techmax Solutions Limited is an I.T. Consultancy company that has been operational within East African region. Our core business is I.T. Security consultancy within the East African Region, where we cut across different sectors ranging from telecommunications, baking, government and education.
We seek to fill the position of One (1) Key Pre Sales Engineer. The successful candidates will be based in our Nairobi Office.
The Pre-Sales Engineer will work closely with the sales team (Sales Representatives, Account Executives, and Channel partners) in a pre-sales role to qualify, manage, and close sales opportunities. The Pre-Sales Engineer performs comprehensive discovery, analysis, and definition of client issues and documents implementation in the form of a technical ("blue-print") solution.
The Pre-Sales Engineer will design leading-edge solutions containing a wide variety of technologies. During the qualifying process, confirm that products meet the prospect's requirements and assist sales in technical qualification. Throughout the proposal process, articulate and demonstrate solutions, influence customer's technical requirements, and position products relative to competition.
This position also functions as part of the product training team delivering classes to employees and new users of our products.
- Attend pre-sales client meetings and presentations with account representatives.
- Determine scope and develop proposals.
- Identify client requirements: (technical requirements, client infrastructure, configuration, and requirements), technical design (including solution configurations and diagrams) and planning phases of the sales cycle.
- Work with Services Group to ensure successful delivery of solutions to customers.
- Provide the implementation team with all necessary documentation for the successful completion of the project (including solution configurations and diagrams).
- Provide after-sales support for new and existing customers
- Successfully demonstrate products and 3rd Party Solutions in front of prospects.
- Work with Sales to provide a response for technical RFI/RFP questions.
- Participate in all scheduled sales team meetings/conference calls.
- Responsibility for the build, delivery and management of proof of concept product evaluations and pilot projects.
- Deliver on line and on site product demonstrations (as required or requested).
- Travel, as needed, to industry events, prospect customers and partner sites
- Develop product-training material.
- Additional responsibilities include providing on-site support, handling technical presentations at trade shows and conferences; and ensuring proactive communications with customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Maintain an in-depth level of technical and industry knowledge through ongoing training, seminars and certifications.
- Proven track record of selling, building, and/or deploying technology solutions.
- Proven experience in providing networking and data system solutions to enterprise clients.
- Experienced as a Presales Engineer in network design, installation and management.
- Outstanding pre-and post-sales account management and follow-through skills, resourcefulness, and attention to detail.
- Experience designing and presenting technical solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Strong communication skills; both written and spoken.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Prior technical sales support experience.
- Working knowledge of vendor products and technologies from Cisco, Microsoft and others.
- Excellent communications skills; professional presentation skills; self-starter, cooperative attitude; team player.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
- Detail oriented, multi-tasking, and able to deal with tight deadlines and stress.
- Posses 'think on your feet' capability.
- Must be able to learn new technologies quickly.
- Familiarity with one or more of the following: VMWare, CISCO, Check Point, Juniper, Microsoft & Linux.
- Proficiency in LINUX Operating System
- Must have a minimum of Bachelors degree (BA/BS) in electrical engineer, computer science or equivalent four-year college technical degree.
- 1+ years experience as a sales engineer or with professional services or systems engineering designing IP LANs and WANs, including highly available, redundant networks, firewalls, Voice over IP network design and implementation, QoS, routing protocols, Microsoft Networking, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Email Archiving and others.
- IP Networking: CCNP/CCDP Certification desired.
- Cisco certifications highly desired CCNA and or CCNP.
- LINUX Certification
- CEH/ CISA
- Other industry certification such as CISSP is desirable
Attach A Cover Letter and Detailed Resume on or before the 26th of November 2019 if you think you are suitable for the job to via the brightermonday portal.