Job Family: Technical Pre Sales
Reports to: Pre Sales Technical Manager, GM
OVERVIEW AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The pre Sales Technical coordinator is employed as a technical expert with the task of working closely with sales teams to ensure that the solution being offered can be tailored to meet the customers’ requirements.
The Pre-Sales Technical coordinator is responsible for providing technical solutions to new & existing corporate customers and other managed service solutions.
Primarily engaged in a presales technical role, the coordinator will provide technical assistance and guidance during the pre-sales process by identifying customers technical and business requirements, prior to designing a solution, consulting with technical partners about capabilities, and supporting business sales teams, account managers and partners on proposal activities.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:
- Ensuring that the company’s product and solutions can deliver on the customer’s requirements.
- Working closely with customers to understand and capture requirements.
- Replying to customers following requests for information and proposal requests.
- Presenting proposals to customers alongside members of the sales team.
- Providing ongoing support for customers post implementation.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- To attend meetings with potential Clients to determine technical and business requirements and ensuring that all necessary information is collated prior to producing a solution.
- Provide technical solutions in a professional manner and to agreed timeframes.
- Developing SOW and RAMS and passing them to Technical service delivery coordinator..
- Create and confidently deliver technical presentations internally and externally.
- Deliver training on solutions and provide product support to channel partners and internal stakeholders.
- Create internal design configuration documentation including process diagrams with technical explanations.
- Work with Software Partners and internal technical teams to feedback on issues with current products and provide input around new products.
- Build productive relationships internally and externally, fostering teamwork by keeping colleagues updated on activities.
- Perform technical development for bespoke solutions as part of a design and development framework.
- Able to understand business drivers and risks involved to the customer and to the company.
- Sell technical solutions to the customer with professionalism and enthusiasm.
- Provide accurate and timely management information, to include - activity reports, bid reviews, project forecasts, KPI’s.
- Adhere to the Company’s Quality and Business Processes.
- To assume responsibility for running a tender team, where relevant.
- Interface with the implementation / project team, articulating customer requirement, to ensure smooth transition from Sale to Delivery.
- Ability to demonstrate the company’s solutions and technologies effectively to audiences of varied technical knowledge.
- Certificate, Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related course.
- Strong business experience with at least 2 years in sales, pre-sales, consulting or professional services function
- Well-developed sales and technical aptitude, with a demonstrable understanding of how to support the sales process.
Personal Qualities and Behaviours:
- Good organisation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Confident and assertive
- Excellent customer service skills
- Focus on results
- Able to work as part of a team and build relationships with others