Your responsibilities will be to teach all areas of the foundation stage, which is focused on helping children to achieve early learning goals. Work carried out includes:
- motivating and stimulating children's learning abilities, often encouraging learning through experience;
- developing and producing visual aids and teaching resources;
- organising learning materials and resources and making imaginative use of resources;
- assisting with the development of children's personal, social and language abilities;
- supporting the development of children's basic skills, including physical coordination, speech and communication;
- encouraging children's mathematical and creative development through stories, songs, games, drawing and imaginative play;
- developing children's curiosity and knowledge;
- working with others, including teaching assistants and other support staff as well as volunteer helpers, to plan and coordinate work both indoors and outdoors;
- sharing knowledge gained with other practitioners and parents;
- observing, assessing and recording each child's progress;
- ensuring the health and safety of children and staff is maintained during all activities, both inside and outside the nursery or school;
- keeping up to date with changes in the curriculum and developments in best practice.
- Marketing the school to prospects.
- MUST have a TSC number
- Preferably an ECD Certificate from a recognised institution.
- Must be fluent in languages English and Kiswahili (French will an added advantage)
- Must be creative (make her/his own teaching aids)
- Extremely good with her work but pleasant to children and parents
- Energetic,enthusiastic, dedicated and self-disciplined