This is a Day and Boarding primary school that has a rich cultural tradition blended in academic and co-curricular activities. Its academic programs place a focus on human values, creative arts, sports, religion, music, and leadership.
The school Board seeks to recruit an experienced, competent, highly innovative, motivated and dynamic individual, who is committed towards the schools stimulating and nurturing environment within which students can grow spiritually, intellectually and physical.
Role Summary: Reporting to the Board of Management, the Principal will be expected provide professional vision and leadership for the school which secures its success and improvement, ensuring a high-quality education for all its pupils and improved standards of learning and achievement.
- Strategic direction and development of the school – Implement a Development Plan which will secure continuous school improvement and ensure staffs commitment to the schools' aims, motivated to achieve them, and involved in meeting long, medium and short term objectives and targets which secure the educational success of the school
- Teaching and learning – maintain an environment that promotes and secures good teaching, effective learning, high standards of achievement and good behavior while organizing, implementing and monitoring the curriculum and its assessment and ensure that statutory requirements are met
- Leading and managing staff – Plan, allocate, support and evaluate work undertaken by groups, teams and individuals, ensuring clear delegation of tasks and devolution of responsibilities in a manner consistent with conditions of employment
- Efficient and effective deployment of staff and resources – Manage, monitor and review the range. quality and use of all available resources in order to improve the quality of education, improve pupils’ achievements, ensure efficiency and secure value for money
- Accountability – Provide information, objective advice and support to the Board to enable it to meet its responsibilities for securing effective teaching and learning and improved standards of achievement, and for achieving efficiency and value for money.
- Safeguarding Children & Safer Recruitment – safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people as required under the Education Act and ensures all staff share this commitment
Key Performance Measures
- School administration and staff team Leadership
- Meeting the strategic Plan objectives
- Compliance with all statutory requirements
- Policy implementation
- Be in possession of Bachelor of Education Degree (BED) or Bachelor Degree and Post Graduate Degree in Education (PGDE) from a university recognized in Kenya; Master’s Degree and strategic leadership program course will be an added advantage
- Have at least 10 years teaching experience with a minimum of 5 years in a leadership role of a learning Institution and well versed in such areas as institutional and strategic management, learning and development practices with proven track record of performance
- Strong knowledge of Kenyan Education systems, Standards and Trends in the Education sector;
- Strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail, application of strong management rigor, discretion and high integrity are imperative
- Strong Computer Knowledge and Skills.
Remuneration: A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
How to Apply
Resumes and application letters should be sent outlining suitability for this position.