DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· To understand and master vendor’s order management policy, process and escalation methodology and changes to facilitate a smooth and agile purchasing
· To review purchase requisitions and create purchase orders to ensure timely and cost effective purchasing
· To understand company’s MOA and obtain necessary approvals against purchase orders processed
· To submit purchase orders to vendors via appropriate tools EDI/Portal/PDF and ensure vendor order acknowledgement/confirmation/ update
· To review purchase order back log and update ETA and ETA changes against the purchase orders
· To expedite orders and advance ETA with vendors in line with business requirement.
· To understand and master company’s purchase order management tools and reports to make informed and appropriate purchase decisions and order processing
· To understand vendor pricing, promotions, product categorisation influencing purchasing to generate cost effective purchasing
· To timely address and update any purchase order rejections and constraints with planners/sales order management team
· To timely process returns purchase orders against approved stock rotation request from planners
· To process customer consignment order requests with necessary approval with non -standard suppliers
· To take appropriate corrective actions against returns PO discrepancy’s/variances
· To process transfer order request and intercompany orders request from planners
· To liaise with vendor contacts, Product Managers and sales order management team where ever required
· To understand and ensure purchase order processing related KPI target are met
· To carry out timely any assigned task from Purchasing Manager
- Undergraduate (preferably Bachelor of Commerce)
- Two (2) to three (3) years working experience in a similar role and/or industry
- This role is available on short notice, candidates who are presently available are encouraged to apply.
Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and experience in SAP would be a strong advantage.
Knowledge of the product range would be added advantage.
Desired Skills & Attributes
Should have an eye for detail and highly numerate.
Candidate should be a team player.
Candidate should have good communication and negotiation skills.
Problem solving, Time Management and Prioritisation skills is a must for day to day task at hand.
- The vacancy is a short term contract for 6 months.
- Candidates who are available to start on short notice are encouraged to apply.