Location: 100% Nairobi
Reports to: Procurement Manager
Start Date: Immediate
Are you looking for rapid professional development in on of Kenya’s fastest growing young companies? Victory Farms is recruiting a Procurement Intern to assist the Procurement team in addressing all the procurement needs of the company and collaborating with all relevant stakeholders .Professionally, you would be joining a business with ever-growing opportunities and responsibilities, providing a profound exposure to high-growth business environment.
Come join us at Victory Farms as a Procurement Intern.
The Employee’s duties and procedures which may be varied from time to time, will include amongst other responsibilities that arise during the day to day business of the Company the following:
- Track shipments and communicate with clients about the package's progress.
- Coordinate shipping with customs agents for clearance on overseas orders
- Deal with quotes from prospective shippers and handle claims with insurance companies if any shipment problems happen to occur.
- Provide efficient delivery logistics through data management.
- Fill out import documentation, compile carrier and route assignments, compute international fees for each shipment, and keep track of shipment payments and quotas.
- Calculating and recording shipping costs, fees, buying price, selling price, and profit
- Communicating with suppliers to follow up with emails, product quotes, and sample products.
- Applying and following up on exemption process
- Preparing and sending out RFQ to suppliers
- Maintains files, log, records of invoices, purchase orders and other related documentation.
- Should be good at data presentation
- Maintains information on computer systems and other applicable software in procurement department
- Communicating with suppliers to follow up with emails, product quotes, and sample products
- Perform miscellaneous duties as directed by Supervisor.
- Fluent in English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word.
- Provide references upon request
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a high volume fast paced environment.
- Ability to communicate with management and co-workers, and ability to work well independently and in a team.
- Should show a high level of responsibility and integrity to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Good problem-solving skills to work in a dynamic environment.
About Victory Farms
Victory Farms aims to become the leading tilapia farm in Africa over the next 5 years while maintaining the highest environmental and social standards. We endeavor to be the most sustainable tilapia farm in the world, adhering to global standards and best practices, and producing affordable, sustainable protein to feeding millions of people across the Africa.
VF is the fastest growing aquaculture business on the continent and the largest producer of Tilapia in East Africa.
The company is rapidly expanding its vertically integrated model: production, processing, and sales & distribution to keep pace with the rapid growth in demand for protein. Victory Farms is employing world-class technologies, people, and processes to build a model for sustainable protein production on the continent. The Company strives for the highest standards in performance, execution, culture, and integrity.
Victory Farms was established on Lake Victoria in 2015 with both on-shore and off-shore facilities. The head office is in Nairobi, and its farm site is in Homa Bay County, and distribution across Kenya. Since inception, Victory Farms has become one of the fastest growing companies in aquaculture globally. In its first eight months of operation, the Company became the largest aquaculture producer in Kenya. Today, it is the largest aquaculture player in East Africa and operates one of largest hatcheries on the continent.
VF’s growth trajectory provides enormous opportunity for excited professional to uplift their careers and make an impact within a diverse operation. We recognize the utmost importance which contributions by individuals and teams have to the success of Victory Farms. We work to create a fantastic environment for our employees. An environment where employees to have an opportunity to develop professionally and personally.
Please send a CV and cover letter expressing your interest and qualifications.