Responsible for the supply of products and services essential for our company’s operations. Find and strategize to find the most cost-effective deals and suppliers. The Procurement Manager’s role is to discover the best ways to minimize our procurement expenses so that the company can invest in its growth and people
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Discover the most profitable suppliers and initiate business partnerships.
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure the most advantageous terms.
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Foresee alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers and clients.
- Control spending and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Receives, identifies and verifies material issues and provides information to assists management.
- Prepares purchase requisitions for the replacement of stock.
- Contacts suppliers and search catalogues to determine price and additional details concerning new items.
- Maintains files appropriate to the activities of the unit, such as invoices, order number, receiving date, shipping date, etc.
- Prepares reports for Management.
- Verifies ledgers, statements and supporting documents.
- Reorder Quantity taking into consideration of Lead time to order.
Qualifications and Experiences
- Minimum 5 years working experience in Procurement Management.
- Degree in related field
Salary will commensurate with qualification & experience.
Candidates of Sri Lankan, Zimbabwean and Indian origin desirable. Qualified candidates from other nationalities encouraged to apply.