POSITION REPORTS TO: CHIEF ACCOUNTANT
- Raw material- ginger, rice etc.
- Material for the café.
- Marketing materials
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Purchasing for new requirements across the company portfolio aiming to reduce the cost of production at all times
- Reviewing and evaluating all quotations received and verify against the purchase orders
- Place orders and makes follows up to ensure that the materials are supplied promptly
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive database
- Receiving maintenance requests, negotiation and placing of material and plant orders against operational requisitions
- Prepare monthly reports on suppliers and comparative price levels
- Create and maintain good relationship with vendors/suppliers
- Estimating and establishing cost parameters and budgets for purchases.
- Maintain records of purchases, Pricing and other important data relevant to the department
- Review and analyse all vendors/suppliers, supply and price options and profile and verify their capacities
- Develops plans for purchasing equipment, services and suppliers
- Negotiate the best deal for pricing and supply contracts
- Ensure that the products and supplies conform to the required quality standard
- Create and maintain inventory of all incoming and current supplies
- Renegotiating service level agreements with suppliers and internal departments
- To participate in the implementation of strategic procedural and practical changes to increase productivity and performance.
- Ensuring compliance of procurement activities with the policies and procedure manual.
- Preparation of Tender document/ submission
- Liaise with other departments
- Maintain database of approved shortlisted suppliers.
- Visiting existing suppliers and sourcing for new one’s
Knowledge, skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree- graduate from a recognized institution
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems
- Three (3) years previous experience as procurement officer or related position.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft office Suite
- Experience in working in a FMCG industry
- Ability to analyse problems and strategize for better solutions
- Making professional decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels
- Goal-oriented, organized team player