Department: Commercial Department
Reports to: Manager, Financial Services
Key Measures of Performance
The performance of this role holder will be assessed based on the achievements made on:
• Achievement of set revenue targets.
• Growth of the loan book.
• Maintain a default rate of less than 10% for the loan portfolio.
• Customer Delight – through a well delivered experience.
• Innovation – products enrichment.
• Compliance to Regulatory Guidelines.
1. Assist in coming up with the go-to market road map for all financial services products and drive the implementation of approved strategies.
2. Develop and deploy cost effective customer acquisition and retention strategies to drive growth in revenue and the loan book.
3. Drive the products life cycle and continuously add value to the products by introducing innovative product features that keep the products relevant and competitive. Create impactful revenue generating campaigns based on insights that result to revenue growth.
4. Review the products customer journey on a regular basis and recommend user interface enhancements to heighten the product user experience.
5. Perform continuous testing for the existing products, features and extensions and collaborate with the technology team to ensure that the system bugs are identified and fixed in a timely manner and that the system maintains 99% uptime. Make timely escalations to relevant parties in cases of system downtime and follow through to ensure resolution of arising issues.
6. Assist in management of effective scoring controls and adherence of effective lending practices to maintain a low Portfolio at Risk (PAR).
7. Assist in documenting all key business and product processes starting with the micro lending product.
8. Support the line manager by implementing B2C, B2B and purposeful lending collaborations. This is will done through:
• Assisting in defining and documenting user requirements;
• Coordinating the product conceptualization and development with the technology team and track to closure the development of the products by the team; and
• Assist in defining the go-to market strategy and implement agreed strategies.
9. Assist in managing collections of loans as well as management of bad loans by:
• Generating the defaulters’ book, analysing repayments and defaulting rates and sharing the insights to approved debt collectors for their undertaking; and
• Reconciling the repayments report with the defaulter’s book
10. Work with Tech and Finance teams to provide scheduled and ad hoc reports on customer behaviors and patterns that enable review of key performance metrics for the products and recommend necessary product enhancements.
11. Conduct market analysis on digital lending and provide scheduled reports with recommendations of product improvement.
12. Perform any other responsibilities assigned by the line manager.
• At least 4 years’ working experience. Experience in managing a micro lending platform is mandatory.
• Knowledge of credit analysis and loan administration would be an added advantage.
• Experience in debt recovery management is desirable.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent attention to details and ability to work in a team.
• Demonstrable ability to work in multiple projects with success.