Qualifications and skills
- 4+ years' experience in manufacturing operations.
- 2+ years' experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Proven track record of successfully training employees in productivity and safety.
- Planning and organisation skills to be able run and monitor the production process
Able to act decisively and solve staff or equipment-related problems
- As a production manager, you'll need to:
- be able to communicate clearly and persuasively with your team, managers and most importantly with local and international clients
- oversee the production process, drawing up a production schedule
- ensure that the production is cost effective
- decide what resources are required
- draft a timescale for the job
- estimate costs and set the quality standards
- monitor the production processes and adjust schedules as needed
- be responsible for the selection and maintenance of equipment
- monitor product standards and implement quality control programmes
- liaise among different departments, e.g. suppliers, managers
- work with managers to implement the company's policies and goals
- ensure that health and safety guidelines are followed
- supervise and motivate a team of workers, review worker performance
- identify training needs.
Location – Karen, Nairobi