Our client is the leading exporters of premium & prepared vegetables from Kenya and the largest commercial grower and exporter of chilies from Kenya.
They are looking for an experienced, reliable and trustworthy individual to join the team.
Organizing the resources which includes human, material, machinery and equipment with the aim of achieving optimal plant availability to produce high quality products that meets the market demand at the right time, cost and quantities.
1. Production Planning:
· Usage of materials.
· Manpower deployment and utilization.
2. Plant Utilization:
· Plant and process layout.
· Process improvement.
3. Managing Productivity and Product Quality:
· Administering compliance of the laws governing factories and related statutory requirements.
· Adherence to all quality systems of best practice in terms of product quality and safety.
· Managing production cost and waste reduction.
· Managing production while guided by best international practices.
· Managing occupational safety at the factory.
4. Plant and Infrastructure Maintenance:
· Assist the Operations Manager to prepare plans and controls for all Plant maintenance including electrical & mechanical maintenance involving the maintenance staff.
· Maximize Plant availability (capacity) by effectively monitoring the maintenance section on the planned preventive and breakdown maintenance procedures.
· Managing the repairs and maintenance of factory buildings and structures.
5. Utilities Management:
· Managing economical consumption of utilities, namely electricity, water, boiler firewood, steam, cold room, motor vehicles and standby generators.
· Recommending projects that may help minimize energy consumption costs.
6. Management of Information and Advice:
· Recommending the right software for integrating the factory processes.
· Production of periodical management reports.
· Recommending and implementing strategic operational issues.
· Adhere to the quality management systems – requirements.
7. Management of Occupational Health and Safety:
· Enforcing compliance of the laws governing factory operations and other relevant occupational health & safety statutory requirements.
· Head of the Company’s health & safety committee as the representative of the Management.
· Coordinating safety programs including training of staff on safety matters.
8. Budget Control:
· Prepare financial budgets for the production department.
· Prepare production budgets in liaison with marketing department and the Operations Manager.
· Ensure that production operations are strictly within the budget limits.
9. Management of Subordinates Effectiveness:
· Staff performance management.
· Staff training and development.
· Motivation and team development.
· Mentoring and leading staff to achieve Company’s goals.
· Degree in food science & technology with specialty in vegetables products processing;
· Degree in business or related field
· Proven consultative training and leadership qualities with 5 years’ experience in food production environment;
· It would be an advantage for a candidate with exposure to leading edge ISO accreditation, OH&S process improvement practices;
· Excellent communication and leadership skills, and be driven by achieving excellence in productions efficiencies;
· Excellent managerial, organization and analytical skills.